How to Search
The simplest way to search in this website is using the simple search bar located at the upper right corner.
To perform a basic search, simply type the keyword you want to search for in the field and either hit enter on your keyboard or click the Search (magnifying glass) button.
To access the options for the basic search, click on the ellipses (...) button to the right of the search bar, next to the search (magnifying glass) button.
The first set of options allows you to select a query type:
- Keyword, or general search
- Boolean, in which you can add boolean operators like AND and NOT
- Exact match, which will only find exact matches to the word or phrase you enter.
The second set of options are a series of checkboxes for content to include in the search.
To access the advanced search, click on the ellipses (…) button to the right of the basic search bar (1) and then click the link to “Advanced Search (Items Only)” (2)
The “Search Items” page will load. It presents a variety of options for advanced searching across all items. You do not need to complete all fields, only as many as you want.
Advanced Search options are:
- Search for Keywords: general search
- Narrow by specific fields:
- Select a field from the first dropdown.
- From the second dropdown, select from the following options
- does not contain,
- is exactly,
- is not exactly,
- is empty,
- is not empty,
- starts with,
- ends with,
- does not match
- In the text area, enter the terms for the field search.
- You can add additional field searches using the green “add a field”. Additional field searches include a dropdown to select ANDor OR for these terms. Use and to narrow the search, requiring it to find items which meet both field criteria. Use or to keep the search broad, finding items which meet either field criteria.
- Search by a range of item IDs: text field in which you can enter item IDs. You can describe a range, such as 1-7, or a sequence separated with commas, for example 1,5-7,11.
- Search by collection: dropdown of collections in your installation.
- Search by type: dropdown of existing item types.
- Public/Non-Public: dropdown with options for each
- Featured/Non Featured: dropdown with binary options